Monday, September 10, 2007

Ljubljana!

Today was a travel day. We left London and flew to Ljubljana on Easyjet. The flight was.... well, I guess I understand why it was so cheap. Happily, it was only an hour and a half of flying time, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

And, I won't, because the flight brought us to Ljubljana, which is a beautiful town with the one flaw that it's just too damn hard to spell. In fact, it's so pretty that it's almost unfair to other towns that aren't so lucky. We're staying at a hotel near the Old Town. Here's the view down the street (and Debbie).



Here I am, in Prešernov trg, the central square of the Old Town.



And here's a view from one of the bridges on the river through the center of town.



We ran out of light for pictures this evening, so I can't show everything. For example, there's also a castle overlooking the town. I'll get more of that tomorrow morning. I probably won't be posting them immediately, because tomorrow afternoon we're going to Bled, which I'm told (from my brother and sister) is the most beautiful place in the world. (Or at least, I think that's what they said...)

No comments: